1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-R media question

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by nomearod, Sep 20, 2004.

1. nomearod

nomearod Guest

I know most of you guys suggest using Verbatim or Ritek media for PS2 backups, but I can't find any of those anywhere near our place. All I can find are cheap DVD-R. I also remember reading somewhere that the DVD surface color has something to do with compatibilty. Is that true?

I tried using one of those cheap DVD-R's for a PS2 backup and it worked, but the PS2 makes weird sounds that some of you describe as "grinding sounds". I thought that maybe if I can find a cheap media that has the same surface color as those Verbatim and Ritek it would work better. What color are the surfaces of the Verbatim and Ritek media? The cheap ones I find have a bluish color.

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

the color doesn't matter. you get ritek online.

3. nomearod

nomearod Guest

That would be a problem for 3 main reasons:
    1. I live in Asia(Philippines to be specific) and I don't think there are online shops that sell Ritek DVD-R and ship them all the way here.
    2. IF there is an online shop like that, I don't have money right now to buy in bulk.
    3. IF I had the money, my mom and dad won't let me use their credit card to buy online.

Anyways, if any of you know an online store that sells good DVD-R media and ships all the way to the Philippines, let me know. Thanks.

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

well, then you need to look for verbatim or tdk around where you live.