1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd-r media

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by finfan13, Mar 21, 2004.

1. finfan13

finfan13 Member

hello folks i know there are many answers in this forum but my head is exploding from all the different answers so here is something i need help with. i got a new 50001 ps2 with mars chip. using universal dvd-r when game is backedup works great, if i put a label on it (cd cover) it doesnt boot anymore??? any ideas?? so simply i think i need a better media and can you put covers on say the silver top/purple bottom or do you need printable dvd-r? what is best ritek g3, verbatim, or pioneer im tired of losing money lol. thanks pat

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

That's your problem right there. If it works without the label and won't work with the label, it's pretty self-explanatory. Stick on labels cause nothing but problems. If you simply must have a label then invest in an inkjet that prints directly to disc.

3. finfan13

finfan13 Member

no i dont need a label, but is it okay to mark on the dvd-r with a marker? i know there are purple bottom silver top, is it okay to write on the silver top or not. and what dvdr should i use. thank you pat

4. Nephilim

It's absolutely fine to use a sharpie or other marker on them. Thankfully I got through my sticky-label phase before I bought my first DVD burner :)

The best deal going is Ritek G04 media. Try rima.com, newegg.com or supermediastore.com for them.

5. curehead

curehead Guest

Hello Everybody, all new at this : I've got a hp 200i burner. What are the best brands/types of DVD for this?
    Thanks a whole heap!

6. Nephilim

Ritek, Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim are the best.

7. curehead

curehead Guest

Thank you I'll check it out ....