1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-R Movie backup on PS2

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by derrick_c, Sep 27, 2004.

1. derrick_c

derrick_c Member

Hey there, I'm new to the forum so don't shoot me if someone already asked this. My brother just recently got a DVD Burner and I want to play Movie Backups on it but I can't seem to get them to work. I'm using Verbatim DVD-R as my media. He used DVD X-Copy to burn them. Not positive on the version of my PS2 but here's what I can tell you.

Console = SCPH-30001
    Serial = U0363...
    Browser = 1.10
    CD Player = 1.10
    Playstation Driver = 1.10
    DVD Player = 1.10U

My PS2 is NOT modded, but I was told for movie backups it doesn't have to be. Can someone get back to me and help me out...maybe I'm burning them wrong? Thanks!!

2. Newfee

Newfee Regular member

Hi derrick and welcome to the world of burning! I'm not an expert on this as I've only been burning for about a month, but I had the same question as you when I started. First off, you say:

Do you mean the PS2?

You are right that your PS2 does not need to modded, but the PS2 is very picky when it comes to the type of media used. I used to use Memorex DVD+R (some worked, some didn't), but after reading in all the other threads that Ritek GO4's are the best, I switched to those and haven't had a problem playing on my PS2.

Try using the [bold]FREE[/bold] programs Shrink and Decryptor..here's a link for a guide from ScubaPete.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2/101198

Read and read...you'll find the answers somewhere in the forums. Good luck and I hope that helps you!