1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD+R movies and PS2 v.5

Discussion in 'PS2' started by ha1032, Jun 11, 2004.

1. ha1032

ha1032 Member

I just got a DVD+r burner and I want to be able to play backup DVD movies on my PS2 and also PS2 game back ups (US only). I have a v. 5 PS2. What is the best solution--a modchip or fliptop with swap magic? Would swap magic allow DVD+R movies to play on my PS2?
    thanx

2. Frozilla

Frozilla Member

Only a certain version of the playstation will read DVD+R's. I believe it is either 7 or 9. Anyhow, your version will not be able to properly play that media. However, if you back them up using DVD-R's then there is no problem.

3. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

frozilla, you really should know what you are talking about before you answer. His ps2 should have no problems with +r discs. Anything below a v4 has troubles with +r. Secondly, no mod is needed to play backup dvd movies.

4. Hanedrick

Hanedrick Regular member

Yeah version 5+ can read dvd+r movies and games no problem. You should just beable to play your movie backup as if it were the original. No need to boot if from the swap magic.

5. Frozilla

Frozilla Member

First of all fag, I said I believe, not that I know. So go screw yorself for putting words in my mouth

6. bigboneli

bigboneli Guest

my my my....
    give some people junior membership and it goes to their head

and there are too too many people here posting what they believe instead of what they KNOW

not to mention just basically flooding posts with idle prattle and simple questions that my 7 year old could find the answers to by himself with google.

but good for you, frozilla, keep up the pre-pubescent name calling, it adds a little spice to the forum and helps us all make mental notes as to who knows what the hell they're talking about.

you've already proved which column you're in