1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd-r movies start to fail halfway

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by DalkonS, Jan 28, 2004.

1. DalkonS

DalkonS Guest

i'm using winxp and had been using dvd shrink 2.3 then nero no problem. i installed dvd shrink 3.1 and was getting some errors so went back to using 2.3 and recently dvd shrink 3.14. now most of my movies start to be unplayable a little after halfway. i've tried with a menu and no menu, compressed and not, smaller file sizes down to about 3gb, slower burn speeds and different brands of dvd-r

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Are you saying this problem only occurs on version 3.1X and not with the version 2.3. You should report this as a bug on www.dvdrdigest.com at the offical shrink bug reports page.

3. DalkonS

DalkonS Guest

It's been happening since I installed 3.1 on my system.

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

DalkonS,

Did you try a change of media ? I've been using Shrink all the way from before 3.0 till the present 3.1.4. and I would think if there was a "Bug", there it would have been fixed long before now -

I'd like to see if you did a media upgrade to a name brand, top-of-the-line product like Ritek or Verbatim would you still have the same problem -

Why not give it a try -

"P"