1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-R not recognized by nero??

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by akumar, Mar 21, 2005.

1. akumar

akumar Member

Just trying to burn my 1st DVD, and I am running into every problem possible. I bought blank "memorex" DVD-R today, and when I try to burn the DVD using Nero, the disk is not recognized by the software. I inserted an empty disc when the program asks me to, but the program is not reading/recognizing the disk.

Can someone please help? I have a DVD+RW burner.

2. Bigfatboy

Bigfatboy Regular member

what burner are you using, are you using nero burning rom, have you tried different media.

peace

3. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Your burner's firmware may not be able to burn those memorex dash discs.
    Find out your exact burner model #.Your device manager should tell you what model you have.
    User nero info-tool,It will tell you the firmware version you have.Also find out if you have a working ASPI on the same screen of nero.

Check out this site,it may have an up-to date firmware for that burner:http://www.americal.com/pg/dvd-burner-writer-firmware-version-updates-downloads.html?OVRAW=firmware%20updates&OVKEY=firmware%20update&OVMTC=standard

Also, memorex are not highly recommended. They use a lot of cmc-mags as one of their many different manufacturers.Here's some programs that will tell you the mfg code: Nero/dvd decrypter/dvdidentitier/and dvdinfopro: http://www.dvdinfopro.com
    Dvdinfopro has a free version to check those codes and also has a scan disc test feature,just like nero.

Let us know about your burner/firmware version/and mfg code on those memorex. That would be a good place to start out at.Your pc specs also might help out.

[bold]Can someone please help? I have a DVD+RW burner.[/bold]
    It it's a true + only burner,that would be the first thing to find out through your devise manager.It won't burn dash format.