1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-R or DVD+R someone please assist..

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by SirNOS, Aug 8, 2004.

1. SirNOS

SirNOS Guest

I called my cousin and he says he has a Hewlett Packered dvd burner and he says it only says the brand name and "DVD RW" on the burner cover so which should I buy from the store today?? -R or +R??
    Thanks,
    nos

2. karen2003

karen2003 Regular member

um, maybe he could check his user's manual to see what kind of disc it burns???

3. SirNOS

SirNOS Guest

Hmmm well I just bought a pack of 5 DVD-R discs so if they don't work I'll exchange them for the +R. It looks like though that the odds are that it is -R.

4. michigan

michigan Guest

5. 2005

2005 Regular member

Yes double posting not only wastes time and bandwidth but it hurts the efforts to help.

6. SirNOS

SirNOS Guest

Just two! No one was replying to my first post in the other one and I had to go out quickly so I had no choice. Allelujah!

7. michigan

michigan Guest

Goodbye SirNOS

8. oracle

oracle Member

RW is the logo of +R discs and burners. As far as I know HP DVD-5 RW burners are able to write maximum at X4 spped. Their packages are claiming X8 speed but a closer look states that they are capable to write the 8X discs!!!

Concerning your home dvd they don't care about +R/-R discs the only limitatios is the speed which has been used for burning. According to the brand there are limitations usually at X2/X4/X8 speed.