1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd-r or dvd+r

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Wulfie66, May 27, 2003.

1. Wulfie66

Wulfie66 Regular member

Hey guys, I got myself a v7 ps2 and was wondering which is better for making backups, dvd-r or dvd+r? I've heard that the v7 has a stronger laser and will properly read the dvd+r which also seems to make it a better option since dvd+r seems to be the way of the future...although I could be wrong. Any and all help in this mattter would be greatly apprecaited.

thanx in advance,
    Wulfie

2. c7015

c7015 Regular member

use the search function
    this question has been answered many many times

3. kinel

kinel Regular member

i hear that - dvds rw ae the beatto use cas the + models r like betamax and the - r like vhs i have a +model still havent made aworking back up cas the disk i try to use are crap i hear most - disk work fine

4. CLiPsEmX

CLiPsEmX Guest

With a v7 it doesn't really matter which one you use. I made a backup of hitman 2 onto a hp dvd+r disc and it worked perfect. SO if you have a v7 ps2 you can use either a dvd-r burner or a dvd+r burner. You can probably use +r with v5 and v6 but I don't know really. When makin a backup use nero's wizard option and read and write at the lowest speed. It's guarantted to work.Also when loadin a backup put the disc in the tray and then close the tray. Wait about 2-3 sec. and then press reset. I think it reads it better that way and starts it up.