1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-R or DVD+R ????

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by guamon, Dec 29, 2004.

1. guamon

guamon Member

Which do i use to burn ps2 games?

Last edited: Dec 29, 2004
  2. lastrada

lastrada Guest

use dvd-r its works for all version of ps2

3. guamon

guamon Member

so dvd+r work sumtimes and only on sum ps2's?

4. CoorsLite

CoorsLite Guest

dvd-r all my ps2 back up's work on that. i never got a dvd+ so i don't know if it will work or not. it should because it is a dvd r - or +

5. guamon

guamon Member

ok i trust u

6. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

I have a PS2 ver 5/6, and both +r and -r work on mine. But actually I prefer to use +r's to back up my games, because on new games which read from the disk a lot, there seems to be a pretty large consensus that they work better. I've personally confirmed this with MGS3, Killzone, and NCAA Football2005. I've heard that versions 4 and lower dont read dvd+r's, and versions 5/6 and higher do, but all I can say from my experience is that my ver 5/6 reads them fine.

7. Koran69

Koran69 Member

I believe I have a version 1 PS2 and I tried playing my backed up DVD-R movies and none of them work, now is this a dvd problem or is this a PS2 firmware problem? If it is the firmware where could I get a firmware update? I had a DVD firmware update a few years ago but I can't find it

8. CoorsLite

CoorsLite Guest

you can watch back up movies on your ps2 but you have to burn the dvd movie a certin way so it will be able to work on the system

9. CoorsLite

CoorsLite Guest

a dvd player would already let you watch copied movies just burn it and there you go

10. CoorsLite

CoorsLite Guest

Assaulit that ass 3 works fine on my ps2 system i got it for $5.00. the Golden Child i have to use on my dvd player because it stop during the movie on my ps2 but dvd player it works good

11. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

The reason the DVD movie might not also work is because the brand/quality of DVD-R OR or possibly the Laser is weak/bad.

12. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

As for + being better than - that is not true. It is a matter of preferance. I use - because it is the most compatible (ALL PS2's) and they are cheaper cost wise. Why would I use a costlier disc (+) to do the same thing a - can do with no differance?

13. AutobotVu

AutobotVu Member

i have version 1 ps2 with flip top all my +r work i use sony and memorex but i just recently burned .hack sign 1 with sony +r at 4x speed and it freezes up on me alot when videos play its not like frozen freeze but like i have sit there few minutes then moves a tiny bit then i have wait few more minutes then moves little buit more till movie scene ends is it causeof disc? +r? or burned too fast i have pioneer a 107
    i have -r memorex like 2 left but dunno if i should re burn then on those? any hints?

14. jonjakjam

jonjakjam Regular member

In my opinion I would have to say use dvd plus, there the same price as minus and as long as you use good quality dvd+rs they will work in almost if not all PS2 consoles, even version1.
    As someone above already mentioned "there just better". especially for newer games such as san andreas, burnout3 etc... In my ps2(v3) these games load faster with plus and the in game graphics dont disapper or fade away like they do with minus discs... why some people say that v4 or less dont read +r at all is beyond me? maybe laser issues or there probably using poor media.
    use quality media guys, ive been using verbatim data life dvd+r's and they havent let me down so far =)

@Autobot
    You need to slow down your burn speed to 2x.

15. AutobotVu

AutobotVu Member

nero doesnt have 2x speed for pioneer a107 :( its ok iguess im force use 1 x