1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-R or DVD+R?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Chaos343, Feb 22, 2007.

1. Chaos343

Chaos343 Guest

Iv been wondering whats the better format for burning PS2 games? I was reading through the fourms and theres lots of people saying DVD-R's are better, and a lot of people saying DVD+R's are better. So which one is it? Thanks in advance.

2. chubbyInc

chubbyInc Regular member

I've heard that some PS2 won't play DVD+R but I've never run into problems with the DMS4 mod chip. Though I usually use DVD-R which is apparently better for file data rather than Movie playback.

But if you are unsure then use DVD-R never had a problem.

3. steimy

steimy Active member

there is no real answer to that question.
    Each DVD Drive in the PS2 and PC are a little different and each works best with one or the other.
    Personally i can use both, i always buy 8X DVD-R though (Taiyo Yuden Silver Laquer Premium Line)
    But i have burned on both types. My burner can also booktype (bitset) the discs from DVD+R to DVD-Rom which really helps too.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2007
  4. BIGnewb

BIGnewb Guest

if you have one of the first ps2's dont use dvd+r.the slim ones are compatible with dvd+r.on the other hand booktyping is only available on dvd+r which makes that to dvd-rom which is the format ps2 games are in which increases the playback quality.