1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD +R or -R?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Remster, Oct 26, 2004.

1. Remster

Remster Member

Im about to get some Ritek's (or Ridata i guess. I was originally really confused about that) at my local canada computers retail store. I was wondering if i should invest in the +R's or -R's. This is strictly for backing up games since i already got some Pine -R's for movies. Thank you.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2004
  2. rowdan

rowdan Member

well from what i have read and experianced you should stik with dvd-r, also make sure they are 2x or slower compatable, some disks are 8x only witch won't let you burn at 2x or slower

3. Cachorrao

Cachorrao Member

Depends on what version PS2 you have. I've heard the V5 won't work with the "+" disks. I think that the improvements in the quality of the disks has made them both pretty reliable but I have only used "-" because of the problems other people said they had and plus they are generaly cheaper. So stick iwth "-", safer and cheaper. Go with Ritek (Ridata branded) G04. They will burn at 1-4x and I've never had a problem with them.