1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-R Pausing when burning

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by SJBaller, Apr 26, 2004.

1. SJBaller

SJBaller Member

I just restored my system after a crash and now when I burn backups of DVDs using Nero or DVD decryter my burner writes 1% then pauses for abot 2-3 minutes before continueing on about it's business. The backups come out fine but it is quite annoying.

Any thoughts?

2. mrman

mrman Regular member

what type of media and burner are you using? Also are you using your computer for anything else or leting other programs run in the background while it is burning?

3. SJBaller

SJBaller Member

I am not sure of the media (generic) but they always have worked for me and they did'nt pause like this before. The DVD-R is from Gateway (again not sure what brand) and I have nothing running in backround. I have been using this same setup for over a year and the pausing only started after I reinstalled all my system software after it crash.

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Last edited: Apr 26, 2004
  5. andr77

andr77 Member

SJBaller, you said you restored your system. I did that once too and after that I couldn't really get some of the software back to work. I suggest you should remove and install your defective soft again. Removing the relevant folders in your Program Files directory and entries in the registry might be a good idea, too. Other than that I don't see any other way to bring it back to the original, pre-restoration condition.