1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD+R - Phillips DVP-3050 - Converted has bad audio

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by whftherb, Feb 14, 2007.

1. whftherb

whftherb Member

I have three standalone DVD players. 2 are realitively new 7" portable el-cheapos bought at a discount store. One is a Phillips combo DVD/VCR player (DVP-3050V) I've had for about 3 years. A very few converted .AVIs-to-DVDs have completely rotten audio but OK video on the Phillips. Stangely enough the same DVDs are perfectly OK (video and audio) on the two cheapies. I'm using Nero Vision V4 and ConvertXtoDVD on my XP Pro machine with a Lite-On DVD Multi-Format writer.

Since I can't figure out what's going on my questions are: Is this a media problem? Is this a codec problem in the computer or conversion software? Is this a problem with my DVD R/W drive? Is the Phillips stand-alone long past it's replacement period (and I just have to live with it)? Is there any way to tell in advance if a particular AVI is going to run into audio-conversion problems (so I don't bother with it rather than spend time in trial and error)?

Thank you, all!

2. david66

david66 Regular member

It sounds like your philips is the cause of the problem if the discs play on other players then it is time to replace the philips

3. whftherb

whftherb Member

OK, well thanks for coming back. I was hoping it wasn't that but... It's wierd because the vast majority of other converted and burned projects play on it with no problem. It's just two or three I've have issues with.

Again, I'm just wondering if it's some sort of "codec thing" or "audio stream thing" that I have overlooked in the converting/burning/authoring process.

Any thoughts?

4. david66

david66 Regular member

if other discs play ok then the problem may be the media that you are using try a different brand od blank media

5. whftherb

whftherb Member

Hi. Actually I did try that. Went with a completely diffbrand and re-burned the one project - same thing. It's gotta be some sort of codec thing, file type or software thing...