1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-R Play back pauses every few minutes?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by kickster, Feb 12, 2005.

1. kickster

kickster Member

Hi
    I recorded few TV programs using my DVD recorder (Pioneer) and they play fine on my home DVD player. I made copies of the same DVD using my sony PC DVD burner and the outcome is not so great. When I play back the burned copies the video playback pauses every few minutes or skips over several minutes of the Video! I am using Mitsumi DVD-R for my home DVD recorder and my PC sony burner! I use Nero software to burn them.

What causes the pauses and how do I avoid them in future?

Thanks in advance.

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Are you copying them on the FLY?? From one DVD ROM drive to your burner?

If so try putting the image on your HD first and then burn the image.

3. kickster

kickster Member

no, first I copy them from TV cable to my home DVD recorder then I take the DVD and place it in my PC. I use DVD shrink and Nero to make copy of the same DVD.
    Sometimes I use only Nero but the results are the same.
    The first copy using my home DVD recorder plays back with no problems on absolutly any DVD player out there but burned copies dont come out as good.

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

OK but you still didnt answer my question.. Are you doing this directly to another Blank DVD or to the hard drive first?

5. kickster

kickster Member

Thanks for speedy reply.

I didnt know it is even possible to record a DVD using my Sony DVD burner in my home PC on the fly!

I place the DVD in my home PC single drive DVD burner then I use DVD shrink to copy it to my hard drive then I use nero to burn it on a blank mitsumi DVD-R media at 4X speed.

6. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

Are you multi-tasking, running other programs in the background while you burn the DVD?

7. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

OK

You can copy on the fly if you had another drive, but this isnt the way you should do it if you are having problems. Copying it to the Hard Drive first is always more dependable.
    I just question your method of doing it? Using Shrink to copy a disk that isnt encrypted? Why not just use Nero and select copy disk? Burn at a slow speed like x4 and you may want to also try updating your firmware for your DVD drive. Your burner may not like that Media? It really sounds like a media issue just because your stand alone player can write to them fine dosen't mean your DVD writer in the PC can. A firmware upgrade could solve that issue though.