1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-R playback errors! PLEASE help me!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by wotan1017, May 27, 2004.

1. wotan1017

wotan1017 Member

Hey everyone.

First I want to say thank you to all the people who work so hard to reply to the posts of newbies like me. Your knowledge and tutilage has been invaluable.
    I am brand new to DVD burning but I feel like I am getting the hang of it (thanks to you guys). I am however having serious playback problems with my dvd-rs. I have burned 15 dvds so far and every one of them has slight errors. These are 1-2 second pauses in the video and audio. During these pauses the video becomes pixeled and a kind of scratching sound is heard. This problem is prevalent in some copies more than others and it is seriously ruining my burning experience.
    Here is my process: I use DVD Shrink to read the disc (I do not use the deep scan as I have heard it is useless and time consuming). I usually compress at around 60-70%. When compression is finished I use Nero 6 to write the disk. I am using Ritek DVD-Rs.
    I have a feeling (from reading earlier posts) that I will be told to purchase better media. Unfortunately, I do not have as much money to invest in this project as I would like, so my media choices are limited to the inexpensive, bulk packs.
    There must be something I can do with my existing media. PLEASE help me. Thanks.

2. bigorange

bigorange Active member

wonton, since you have nero 6, install dvd43(it's free, I prefer Anydvd but it's 39.00) on your start-up menu. This will de-encrypt your dvd source enabling you to go directly into nero. Use recode 2 to take out what you don't want and/or compress, then directly to burn. You can also use nve2 to create your own menus or express to burn the entire movie(if it's small enuff. As far as your discs, this forum prefers ritek g04(branded, but I have used the media you are using now without any problems using this method. Try some rw's til you get the hang of it then use r's. Good luck....[​IMG]

3. brian100

brian100 Guest

have you checked your standalone DVD player for compatibility issues with DVD-r? Have you checked your burners manufacturers site for firmware upgrades?

What Brand Riteks are you using, there are various "grades" available, from unscrupulous dealers, out there with obvious quality issues.

I fully appreciate money id tight at your end, even more the reason why you should buy the best possible media available to minimise wastage.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]On Initial Viewing My Backup Looked Terrible,
    But With One Eye Closed It Aint Half Bad!![/small]

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2004