1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-R plays fine on standalone palyer but not PC

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by rei, Oct 12, 2003.

1. rei

rei Member

I just back up my anime DVD on DVD-Rs, everything is fine, even playable on my old sony dvd standalone player. However, I found something which scrae me off, my Pioneer A-106 DVDRW which just burn my DVD could not identify it. It show the just burn DVD as blank disc (from XP explorer) and drive not ready in DVD decryter.

I use NERO Express to burn DVD and PRINCO printed disk as media. I try to play back some of the previoius burnt DVD, some are playing back okay and some are show as blank. However, they all playing fine on my sony standalone player.

Does anyone know what's going on? Is my DVD-R drive having problems?

I remember I read a message like my title before

2. Yuriv

Yuriv Regular member

Hi...I guess that "rei" is a reference to "rei ayanami"? (Meaning you have pretty good taste in anime.)
    There have been a few threads on a similar topic that I remember, but they were all about commercial DVDs that played fine in standalones but not in drives.
    I have never used Princo media, but I have read numerous posts saying that they are very low quality.....this could be the problem....

3. rei

rei Member

I remember I read some before too...I also try to search them before I post this... But I could not found them.

If anyone have idea or know where the threads ot just letting me to know the titleI would be very happy to read them again

4. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

This has been asked numerous times but rather than search for URL to give you I'll just say...give up on PRINCO (they're shite)
    Try using a half decent blank media such as Ritek G04