1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-R problem

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by eshspres, Nov 3, 2004.

1. eshspres

eshspres Member

I just bought and installed the a flip top case and SM 3.2 (CD)/ 2.0 (DVD) for my V.4 PS2. I burned a copy of Nascar 2005 using DVD Decrypter. When I double checked the files on my computer they appeared the same on the burned copy as on the original disc. I booted the PS2 with the SM DVD disc and put in the Nascar disc when the Insert Disc screen came up. The screen gave me the blue border saying all was okay and then went to a black screen. Nothing happened after that. The burned disc only spun really, really fast, but never went past the black screen. I also tried burning the CD Loader from swapmagicfix.com, but the disc CD-R wouldn't read on the PS2. Same thing happened with the DVD Loader that I loaded to a DVD-R. The CD Loader disc got the dreaded red screen and a freeze. The DVD Loader just never loaded, only spinning like the burned Nascar. Any suggestions?

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

best guess seems like your ps2 is struggling to read the dvd-r media you could try cleaning the laser or adjusting it or maybe a different brand of media or maybe a slower write speed, what brand of media are you using and at what speed did you burn

3. eshspres

eshspres Member

I am using Memorex DVD-R and I burned at 2X