1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-R problem

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Cryptix, Nov 25, 2004.

1. Cryptix

Cryptix Guest

hello, i have a reccuring problem with backing up games, about 50% of the time it works and the other half it doesnt. what happens is i burn the game either using alcohol 120% or dvd decrypter, but when i load the game on my ps2 with mod chip (dont know which type) half the time i get a "please insert ps2 format disc" with dvd decrypter, or the thing just wont load with alcohol 120%(resetting/rebooting doesnt fix), but usually when i try to burn the same backup a second time, it works, and continues to work. As i doubt it is a laser problem because games that work the first time continue to work... i think it might be a media problem ... im using maxell dvd-rs burnt at 1x on dvd decrypter and 2x on acohol 120% ... if you dont think thats the problem please let me know.. also if you agree with me and can suggest a better media and were to by it (preferably in canadian prices) it would be much appreciated

2. Cryptix

Cryptix Guest

i forgot to say im using a lite-on dvd+-rw i dont know exact model

3. homedog

homedog Member

You'r probably burning too fast try burning at 1x