1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD R Probs

Discussion in 'PS2' started by backed_up, Nov 23, 2003.

1. backed_up

backed_up Member

I've been sucessful in backing up my CDR versions of my PS2 games but I'm having problems with DVDRs. These freeze when I try to play them.

I've backed them up with NERO 6 (copied on the fly)and a Pioneer 106. I've tried using different speeds and also different makes of DVD Rs (Imation and Datawrite)and also both formats + and -.

I have a Version 4 PS2 with a no solder modchip and Swap Magic to play backed up game but I'm having no luck with DVD Rs. An example of one of my games is SOCOM.

Is there something I'm doing wrong or just not doing. Any help appreciated.

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

Make an image on your harddrive, then burn. Try burning at 1X. Some games require cd loader. http://www.swapmagicfix.com for a list._X_X_X_X_X_[small]V4 PS2, flip top, SMD, CDLoader
    Pioneer 105, Memorex 4X DVD-R
    DVD Shrink, DVD Decrypter, Nero[/small]

Last edited: Nov 25, 2003
  3. backed_up

backed_up Member

Cheers sly_61019.

I had already tried with a copy of CDLoader Ver. 1.0 with no success but I'll try burning at 1x and let you know.

Any known links to CDLoader Ver 1.2?

Last edited: Nov 27, 2003
  4. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Try using Record Now V6,DX or Max these programs in my oppinion are the best out.

5. Irocz005

Irocz005 Regular member

I have had trouble in the past copying on the fly. As for the burning at a slower speed, unless you use real cheap media, even 2x is ok, well at least it is for me.