1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD+R Quality Issues

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by euro2069, May 18, 2011.

1. euro2069

euro2069 Member

Hi guy, i have a question. I am having some issues with the picture of burned movies on DVD+R's (so far i have tried maxell & sony). Ok so i will download a movie lets say 6-7 gigs size, 720p. Its usually a .mkv file. I use DivxToDVD to rip it and then burn it. It gets compressed down to a smaller size of course. When i watch it on my dvd player the quality is usually pretty good, but every 5-10 minutes the picture will get fuzzy or break down, not sure how to explain this, but i get these grey little blocks over the screen as the picture falls apart, but then 5 seconds later its fine again. Also, the sound will not match the video sometimes, so a person will talk and 2 seconds later you hear it. Does anyone knows what causes these 2 issues? Its very annoying and i cant watch a movie properly!

I appreciate your help and thanks in advance!

2. attar

attar Senior member

Does the converted file (on the HDD) when played, show the problem - then it might be the converter.

If you play the disk on the PC does it have the same problem - if it does you should switch to a known reliable disk.

Verbatim disks (that have 'AZO' branded on the package) are good media (do not purchase their 'Life' series, which are cheaper).

For best results, use ImgBurn to burn the disks.

Last edited: May 19, 2011
  3. euro2069

euro2069 Member

Thanks but how do i play the converted file on my PC?

4. attar

attar Senior member

I assume that the program you are using creates the DVD files and saves them to the HDD before burning the disk.
    You can play these files using a decent media player - MPC and VLC are good examples.

5. euro2069

euro2069 Member

Yes but they are .VOB .BUP & .IFO files so im not sure how to play this on my pc?

Thanks

6. attar

attar Senior member

MPC and VLC are good.