1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-R Questions and problems- Rachel Jernstrom

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by jernstrom, Mar 10, 2005.

1. jernstrom

jernstrom Member

I recorded episodes of a tv show by using Windows Media Center (which is attached to my tv, vcr, and set top box). Then I burnt them to the DVD-R cd. Now I want to take those videos off of the DVD-R cd and bring them into Windows Movie Maker to edit them, pull clips, and make a movie from those files. How would I accomplish this task? And if possible, do I need any other different materials to do this right?
    Am I using the wrong kind of cd? (I have a Windows XP, even though it may not make a difference, just a thought, in case you were wondering.)

If I have totally confused you by these questions I am sorry, it's just really frustrating trying to get information on this subject, when no one else is able to answer my question... I am sooooooooo hoping that you can!!!

Thank you,
    Rachel Jernstrom

2. razzler

razzler Member

When you captured your image did you use a normal yellow phono lead attached to your video card and a stereo jack into the mic socket of your pc ? and what software did you capture on ?

3. OU812Ono

OU812Ono Regular member

I use MCE "Media Center Edition". If yours is hooked up like mine you have a coax cable connected to your comp. I've never recorded onto a disc with the MCE software I've always converted the files before editing/burning.

Do the Dvd's you recorded your shows on work in your standalone player, or just in your comp?

I know that good-ole microsoft uses a proprietary file type for recording tv shows in MCE, it show's up TVSHOW_CHANNEL_TIME.dvr-ms.

Once I find out if the disc's play in your home dvd player or not I can send ya in the right direction.

4. BiffyCley

BiffyCley Member