1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD+R/-R??

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by drumkid21, Dec 6, 2004.

1. drumkid21

drumkid21 Regular member

Hey, i was wondering what some of you guys thought were the best blank dvds for backing up ps2 games, + or - R's. also, what brand do you use?? thanks!

2. Winning11

Winning11 Guest

it depends, u should test both out and see what works best for u. Some good media are ritek ridata and maxell.

3. drumkid21

drumkid21 Regular member

thanks! just wondering, what do you mean by 'it depends on what works best for you'? i have a burner that can burn both + and -.

4. Winning11

Winning11 Guest

some ps2's don't read dvd+r. so if thats the case for ur ps2 then u have to use dvd-r. btw most of the people use dvd-r.

5. life4k2

life4k2 Member

I have a LITE-ON DVD+RW Burner and i have an option of burning with any software. I also have a swap magic 2.0 and 3.0. I have a v7 ps2. I wanna know if i could make backups of my ps2 games with a dvd+r disc, without any problems at all. I'll appreciate your response.

Thank you

6. Raiten

Raiten Regular member

You can pretty much use any DVD media, +R, -R...hell you could even use +RW and -RW, it just depends on the PS2 you have i guess. Some modchips/PS2's don't read some of the media. 90% of the people i'm sure use DVD-R, i'm one of them. So if you want to use media that you know will work then go with the -R, instead of taking a risk and making tons of coasters with the +Rs. Just my thoughts.

7. Winning11

Winning11 Guest

i have a version 7 also but my ps2 doesn't read +r or
    -/+rw. Just try ur luck.