1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD+R recording with DVD Shrink & Stuff

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Pariah, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Pariah

Pariah Regular member

Hey folks! I've been gone awhile due to moving and getting a new job. Anyway, I just downloaded the latest DVD Shrink and am a bit confused on several things. When recording a movie, is it best to choose sharp or smooth for the setting? I believe the new DVD Shrink allows for DVD-9 recording - do I also need a new DVD burner drive to use the DVD-9? I have an NEC burner from Fall 2003. Finally, my burner records at 2.4x but most media I see for sale is 4x or higher. I'm hoping these will work fine on my 2.4x (just running at 2.4 instead of their maximum capacity speed), but I wanted to be sure before I buy any. Thanks.

2. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

Pariah,
    1. You will need to play w/ the settings to see which one you like. I use Sharp for action movies and smooth for the others
    2. Yes Shrink will do D/L disk but you need a D/L Burner. If your burner is only a DVD-5 burner then you will need a new burner
    3. Yes you can use 4X,8X blank media even if your burner only does 2.4. It will only burn at 2.4 if that is how fast the burner is