1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-R scratches

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by ls3mach, Dec 6, 2003.

1. ls3mach

ls3mach Member

I was wondering do the rest of you guys that make DVDs, are the disc prone to scratches. On my Sony standalone if the disc is dirty or has a scratch forget about playing it. Also my DVD-Rs get dirty and scratch easily. Am I the only one with this problem. I saw some DVD film that covers and protects the data side. Has anyone tried these. I want to order some and was curious.

http://www.yesbuy.net/cdprotfilpos.html

2. jaxt

jaxt Member

yeah, you have to be a little more careful with DVD-Rs than with studio releases. I sometimes dread lending DVD-R movies out as they tend to come back unplayable with even the most insignificant looking scratches. But then again maybe it's just us - I have a Sony standalone as well.(I used G03 DVD-Rs BTW)

If you're worried about the best protection for your media, you might want to investigate TDK's line of scratch-resistant DVD-Rs. I think they're called Super Hard Coat DVD-Rs (or something basically like that). They sell them in Asia and I assume you could get them all over the place, but I've never seen them anywhere else. I've got a friend in Japan who swears by them. But he's a dick.