1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dvd-r Skipping

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Starlin1, May 22, 2004.

1. Starlin1

Starlin1 Member

Hello can anyone help me with the fact that my dvd back ups play for the first hour and a half then they start to skip but if i put it in another dvd player they work perfictly fine from that point onwards on the other player. I don't know if its just me or beacuse of the speed i'm writing at (x4).

If anyone can help i'm using a freecom classic external 8 -/+ speed drive. Plus i'm using Bulkpaq printable surface 4x dvd-r's which seem to be workin just fine for most back ups.

My dvd player is a limit dvd800 and the other is my ps2if anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

2. RWG

RWG Regular member

I'd be willing to bet it's your player. Try your backups in a friends or neighbors player.

3. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

I would try different media. I use verbatim and alot of people speak highly of ritek.

4. Starlin1

Starlin1 Member

Well i tested the back up on two other players a sony plus a teac and had the same results it still started to skip at around the same place.

5. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

follow flips advice,its got to be cheap media