1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD+R speeds & Burners

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by ERICST, Feb 5, 2005.

1. ERICST

ERICST Guest

My defult burner speed is "MAX" and I can not change it when using a surtain programe to burn movies. My burner is a 16X speed but if I want to slow down the burn to say 2.4 or 4X ,Can I just buy the 2.4 or 4 X disk? I know that the highist disk speed is 8x now.
    I just figure the slower the burn the better all around disk I will be getting.
    Thanks for the help.

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Most burners will pick up the max speed of the blank media. So buying 4x media should slow down the burn in most cases.

Jerry

3. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

DVD Decyrpter will let you chose any speed that the disk is capable of being burned at.

4. ERICST

ERICST Guest

I on acation use DVD shrink, but I primely use DVD x copy since I paid for it when it first came out. I guess I'll start using Shrink more ofter. I just ordered some Ritek 2.4X from merit line so I can use those with x copy and all my 8x with shrink. Thanks for the advise.

5. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

With Nero, you can set the max burn speed. DVDXCopy doesn't allow you to set burn speeds and will default to the maximum burn speed that your drive is capable of burning that media. I didn't realize this when I first started using Ridata 4X DVD+R, and my burner would automatically burn at 8X because Ridata 4X is capable (but not certified) of 8X. Not a problem with Ridata, TYs or Verbatim but with inferior media, it might cause skipping.