1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-R Test packs and testing!

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by Oriphus, Jun 11, 2003.

1. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Do you supply people with test packs to test DVD-R's before they are released so that they can give a good run through of their performance. I know that you dont want to be giving away freebies and poeple to abuse that. Anyone who receives them should have to give a detailed list of results! Its a good idea, unless you already do it?

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Umh..? We don't sell anything :)

3. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

No i know that, but disqworld forum has a good method in place where you can apply to test new discs for compatiblities with your DVD Writer. The user pays for postage and is obligated to produce a full report on their findings. It woul involve you, being da boss man, organising with companies freebies.

Come to think of it...it does sound like a lot of hassle. And since im in the UK i probably wouldnt benefit from it, apart from the test results. But its worth considering. No?

4. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

I am in the UK as well. We've planned of creating interactive DVD disc database, but it is still on planning board. It would be database driven, added with images and stuff. Hopefully during the summer or so..