1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd-r to dvd-r

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by bafled, Mar 28, 2004.

1. bafled

bafled Member

what is the best way to copy a dvd-r that was copyed using DVD X COPY

2. viper6699

viper6699 Guest

the first part of the answer is not to try and use dvd x copy again as this encrypts the copy in such a way that it wont re-copy it again.

i would sussest you download DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter (both are free) and read the guides (guide tab at top of screen). i think once you get the hang of using these 2 programs you'll never look back.

shrink BTW would work better if you already have nero.

happy burning and welcome to the club
    vipes

3. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Just rip it as you would any other DVD with DVD Decrypter, it removes the DVD X Copy splash screen as well as any other included junk. I used DVDX copy for a short time until I realized that 2 disks for one back-up was just one to many and I hate having my movies cut in half. I haven't tried it with DVD Shrink. I used DVD Decrypter to rip and then DVD2one 1.4 to rejoin the two halves to a single disk and all went well.

4. andmerr

andmerr Guest

clone dvd and anydvd running at ther same time will copy dvd-r to dvd-r as well

5. Discmania

Discmania Active member

No, no , no! All you need do is use Nero or other burning rom to copy to another disc but avoid using the on-the-fly option. Simple.

6. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hey discmania, Seems like everyone always trys the hard way before the easy way. Another thread on the SAME subject, I told them to just use Nero or any other disc copy program like you did, they just kept going on and on about how to use everything out there except the simple method. I sometimes just don't understand it. Later

Jerry

7. andmerr

andmerr Guest

hey discmania & jerry746 i tried nero and shrink and decrypter just like you suggested but i also tried 321 copy programs,clonedvd,sonics etc .I'm not saying your way is wrong ,this is just an alternative to try before they realise that shrink and nero probably are the programs that they are going to end up using.There are heaps of programs out there,why not try them all instead of being told

quote:

No, no , no! All you need do is use Nero or other burning rom to copy to another disc but avoid using the on-the-fly option.

You guys have been doing this longer than me and i'm sure you are both more knowlegdeable as well isnt it better to give people options rather than tell them that this program or that program is the one to use.(just my thoughts hopefully you guys arent offended)

andmerr

8. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

If you read my post through you would've noted that I was joining two halves of a single movie. As far as I know that requires the files to be ripped first and then joined. Most (90% or better) movies copied by DVD X copy are split and burned on two DVDs, DVD X Copy Express uses only a single disk. I've only owned 3 movies that were backed with DVD X Copy but what I did worked just fine. I admit that I've not tried to join two halves of a movie before using only Nero but it seems to me that you would still have to rip it first anyway if you are not buring on the fly and trying to join two halves.

9. Discmania

Discmania Active member

You did not make it clear that you wanted to put the contents of two discs onto one in your original thread. DVDXCopy can also mean Xpress copy which is what I thought you had meant. I am not aware of any software that will allow you to join and shrink the contents of two discs onto one. You would have to rip the original disc again. Many people make the mistake of trying to use DVD Shrink or Decrypter or Xpress to make another backup of the one they have already got when a simple copy via their burning rom will do the job.

10. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Quote from my original post: I used DVD X copy for a short time until I realized that [bold]2 disks for one back-up[/bold] was just one to many and I hate having my movies [bold]cut in half.[/bold] I haven't tried it with DVD Shrink. I used DVD Decrypter to rip and then DVD2One 1.4 [bold]to rejoin the two halves to a single disk[/bold]and all went well.

DVD2one version 1.4 allows one to easily join movies that were split in two or are part of an archive. Unfortunately unlike version 1.3 it will no longer recognize and along with CopyToDvd burn an IFO rip without editing. Fortunately one can have multiple copies of the Prog without conflicts.

11. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

The original Question at the top of the page was "How to copy a dvd-r copy made with X copy". I think the answer was explained. Several times.

Jerry

12. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Yes, except if we are talking about DVD X Copy back ups that are larger than 4.7 gigs (and most movies are), then DVD X Copy will automatically split the movies across two disks (it does not compress movies). This means that we are copying two disks, not one, and if that's the case then your reply to use Nero might not be the right answer; that is unless you can join the two broken halves of a movie with it, and if you can, then I would like to know how to do it.