1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-R unable to burn but DVD+R BURNED

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Big_WinG, Feb 15, 2007.

1. Big_WinG

Big_WinG Guest

I am using a dual layered plextor burner and dvd-R discs burned two discs and they are unable to play...As a last chance I stuck in a DVD+R that was sent with the burner and it plays great...Can anyone help me with this, I have 48 more DVD-R and no DVD+R...Is there setting that can be changed? I am using DVD SHRINK and DVD DECRYPTER to rip and burn.

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

When you say they wont play do you mean they won't play on a stand alone DVD player or on your computer?

What is the brand of media you are using (this is usually where the problem is more than the - or + format)

Make sure what ever you are trying to read them in can support reading both formats.

3. Big_WinG

Big_WinG Guest

well...I believe they are TDK and they won't play on my computer DVD player or the stand alone DVD...it's like it just stalls out and can't read the disc.

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Try updating your drives firmware (go to Plextor site) and burn at a slow speed like x4 or under. TDKs are middle of the road discs but they should at least play.

5. Big_WinG

Big_WinG Guest

Other than that there really isn't any difference in the + or - format...someone was trying to tell me that + are better for DVD and - are meant for data disk...is this statement correct?

6. Big_WinG

Big_WinG Guest

Not sure I understand "firmware" I just put the burner in 2 days ago and have been trying to get the dvds to burn on -

7. cfh107

cfh107 Member

my burner only burns to dvd+r it will not burn onto a dvd-r try to use the dvd+r's

8. Big_WinG

Big_WinG Guest

Well mine is supose to be -+ (both)...I am going to try turning down and waste another - to see what happens...thanks for the help

9. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

What is the model number of your drive?

10. Big_WinG

Big_WinG Guest

Thank you for your time, it seems when I turn down the speed I get a perfect burn and if it only takes 5 more minutes to burn a perfect DVD then I can wait...thanks again for all who responded to my question.

11. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Glad you got it sorted out :)