1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-R - unplayable on standalone(s)

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dodzy, Feb 22, 2005.

1. dodzy

dodzy Member

I'm sure somebody can help with this one. Have checked and tried various suggestions from members which addressed some problems but the issue remains: Cant play the backups in standalone players.

Currently using Sony DRU530A ( FW 2.1C ) and SAMSUNG SD-616( FW.bpt3). Current media Fuji 8*CD-r ( ty02 )
    but have also used GO4 / G05. The general consesus is that TY will give you as good a chance as any media for good burns. DVD decrypter and DVD shrink ( latest versions ) and also tried recode 2 in conjunciton with DVD43. All things appear to prrocess as they should - no error messages and that message: Successful copy at the end of the sequence. Tried burns at 8 / 4 / 2 speed. Ont the fly and images to HDD. Still same result: the DVD plays fine in PC or on PS2 but not recognised by my standalones or else will play and then skip or freeze someway through. Brought samples to electrical store - tried several new machines on display - no luck. Any ideas guys ???????

Any input is greatly appreciated

Thank you all

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

it pionts to your standalone, has your player ever played a copy you made? expensive players are very picky thats if they will play a copy to start with.

cheapo no name players play anything! ps2's are very picky and it plays in there! so disc burn seems fine! what media does yout player like? try going to the website for it.

electrical shop machines are usally expensive players, so picky...

a friends sony 200 pound wont play copies my 4 cheapo 24 pound players will!

3. dodzy

dodzy Member

Thanks for the reply Rotary,

The cheapo standalone will play copies ( just not mine ). The 5yr old SONY plays only original disks.

Its interesting that you say the PS2 is picky when it comes to playing copies - no problem with these. I'll try some more cheapo players and see if I can get a result. Just one question: Do you think that it would be worth trying +r media ?

All tests have been carried out on -R media

Thanks

4. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

to be honest i haent had a problem with ps2 either, but as i am on afterdawn alot i read others reports on the issue, i use ritek for the most part -R go5 or go4 also other names like rivision, ridisc, anv, but all the same codeing as go4 and go5

yes try some +r it could be the way forward, does your drive have bitsettings / booktype? as i think you supposed to burn as dvdrom standard and i think?????? iut doesnt do it as standard? but dont quote me on that...this is with + format to make more compatible..

also if you are familiar with nero, it has settings to change UDF andan xbox compatiblity tab, look at this pic below...

you could score by changing the settings here and it will play! need 5 discs to waste though, as we know your burning procedure is good to go now!

[​IMG]