1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD+r Vs. DVD-R?!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Helfire, Jan 7, 2005.

1. Helfire

Helfire Member

I know this has prob been asked like a MILLION times before here, but just to set the record straight (for me anyway) which is the better format to use...DVD+R or DVD-R?

I've burn't over 300 movies using DVD+R on external LiteOn drive and was just wondering if i'll regret it?! The majority have worked so far, just wanna know what other people think...

Thanx for any help

2. sean5775

sean5775 Regular member

It just depends on the compatibility in your DVD player, sometimes your burner writes one better then others. My DVD player will play every -R I put in it, but its picky with the +R's so I will use nothing but DVD-R's But my personal opinion and what works with my setup should not influence your choice in either way. What you should have done before you burnt 300 discs is buy a couple of -R and +R and try them and see how they work, if one is better then the other then use that one.

3. Helfire

Helfire Member

Thanx for your input...but i know what you mean, i tried both at first and they all played fine (both +R and -R) I was just thinking i might use DVD-R instead cos its a compatable with more players...anyway thanx again

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Most of the older players out there going back 2/3 years will usually only play -R burns. So if you have one of these its best to burn -R. There is not any difference in burn quality between the 2 formats just what you are going to play them on.

Jerry