1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD+R what kind?????

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Spirito, Aug 24, 2003.

1. Spirito

Spirito Guest

My friend backs up using Verbatim DVD+R discs and the store was out of those so I picked up TDK DVD+R discs... Does it really matter what kinda disc you back up onto? My friend claims it can only be Verbatim and that other brands don't work on his PS2. I'd hate to try and find it doesn't work and then be stuck with a $50 dollar 25 pack of useless DVD+R's... Any help on which brands work? and are some PS2 able to read things other PS2's can't?

Chris

2. robert34

robert34 Guest

TDK is a very good brand for backups. Same with Verbatim. It could be that the Verbatim Discs work because they were DVD-R and the TDK discs he used were DVD+R and his ps2 might not be able to play dvd+r... But in general TDK and Verbatim are very good brands.

3. jay33

jay33 Regular member

I wouldn't use memorex dvd+r or -r for ps2 dvd backups. I have noticed a trend with alot of the games I backup using the memorex dvdr's. It seems that there is usually a problem with the audio in the games I have used memorex dvdr's on. I had some skipping on some of the soundtrack of Splashdown, but when I tried fuji brand the songs played fine. I have also noticed some fmv and other audio problems on several other games I have on memorex dvdr's.

4. billz

billz Active member

i also use verbatium and tdk ther both excellent verbatium is the better of the two but there's nothing wrong with tdk brand there also a very good brand
    i use tdk &verbatium +r's on v4 ps2 they work great

5. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

Brands that work with my PS2 version 5 PAL

- Platinum +r +rw
    - Verbatim +r
    - Datawrite +r
    - Gigamaster +r
    - Datatrack +r
    - HP +r +rw

These are the once I used before.
    If there's no +rw it means I didnot used (tested) it sofar. It might work though.