1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD+R will not work!!!!!

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by Acme8790, Mar 17, 2005.

1. Acme8790

Acme8790 Member

I have a media question. I recently changed DVD-r burners, I currently have a Pioneer DVD 105 burner. It is a couple years old because I got it from a friend. My old burner had no problem burning DVD+r's but this "new" I can not get it to read my DVD+r to burn them to a DVD-R. The reason I want to burn the DVD+R's to a DVD-R is because my playstation will not read DVD+R movies. My apex does but it gets pretty choppy. Is there any way to get my pioneer bruner to read DVD+r's? Has anyone else had problems with a PS2 not being able to read DVD+r? I know its not the disks because I can get my DVD player upstairs to read the DVD+r but the PS2 downstairs cant and sometimes I like to watch these movies downstairs but cant. If anyone could help me out that would be great!!!!

2. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Unfortunatly it looks like your burner can only read and write -R/RW media.

3. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Yep that is correct.. That burner only supports -R disk's. You could however rip the movie to the HD first with Decrypter using your DVD ROM or old DVDRW and the turn around and burn your movies to the -R disks. Thats about your only option !!! :)

4. Acme8790

Acme8790 Member

Thanks Guys... I was afraid thats what I was going to hear. I was hoping maybe there was some firmware out there that would allow me to read DVD+R's. Prblem is, is that the burner I used to burn the DVD+R's no longer works. The only DVD drive I have is the Pioneer which doesnt read DVD+r's I gues I am pretty much SOL. Any reason why the PS2 doesnt read DVD+R's?

5. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

The first 2 or 3 versions of the system only played -R. I think the rest will play either.