1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd-r won't play in any stand alone players

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by LoPPy, Mar 30, 2004.

1. LoPPy

LoPPy Member

k, i bought dvd x copy, tried to back-up my super trooper dvd!!!, and everything went fine, now, the dvd works great in my dvd burner... but it doesnt play in any other dvd player i gots =(
    help me!!!

2. viper6699

viper6699 Guest

does your stand alone player support the type of blank media you have used dvd-r dvd+r????

also stand alone players can be a little picky about the standard of media you use on them.

you dont say what error or problem you get on your player.

3. LoPPy

LoPPy Member

not sure bout compatability, but the error is just a "no disc" deally.

4. viper6699

viper6699 Guest

I'd hazzard a guess then that your player doesn't support the media you are using. try searching on the net to see if you can find what format your player will support.

5. rob&keri

rob&keri Regular member

Please take this the ways its intended,

I came on here a while ago and was using X copy express and was having great problems getting disks to play in stand alones including my own. People were borrowing my films and loosing them so I now lend out my backed up copy (doesn't matter to much if lost or damaged).

Right waffle over. I got rid of X copy and use dvdshrink (free), and use nero6 to burn. I now use Ridisc (think they are GO4) and don't put a sticky label on the disk anymore. I only burn the film and sound (no subtitles). I burn on x2 which takes a little longer but I belive better.

This was time consuming and expensive learning curve for me (in useless discs) but as it stands these seem to work very well for me. I got loads of help from the guys on here, take their advice and try not to be too stubborn like me. Good luck.

Rob
    _

Good thing about shrink is you dont get back up warnings or federal ones either, it goes straight to the film.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]www.kerispring.co.uk[/small]

Last edited: Mar 30, 2004
  6. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

How's it going LoPPy, first of all if you have an older style dvd player-UMM let's say about 1year or maybe 2year's ago- quit a few of dvd player's will not support any type of recordable format such as mp3,jpeg,cdr's and dvd+r dvd-r etc.etc. But the newer dvd player's will support almost all types of formates and their cheaper now.

As every one will tell you, try on a friends dvd player or playstion2, if it work's on sombody else's player then you probably need a new one to suppoort you backup's.

7. LoPPy

LoPPy Member

aight sounds good, i'll try that dvd shrink deally and nero 6. thx a lot for helpin me out and not saying "its already on another thread u dumbass", which it prolly was =\

8. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

Just cause your using shrink and nero doesn't mean it will work in you dvd player.

1. Is it an older dvd player
    2. What type of media are you using (type of blank disc's)
    3. Does the recorded disc work on another dvd player