1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-R won't play in standalone! HELP!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by reddragon, Jan 24, 2003.

1. reddragon

reddragon Member

i've been ripping my DVD movie collection to DVD-R and they've all worked fine so far.

without changing any settings, suddenly one day a movie doesn't work. it plays fine in my PC, but not at all in my PS2, or any standalone player.

i've read on here that the latest version of Nero (5.5.10.0) has been giving people problems, so i went back to the version on my install CD (5.5.9.5) which has always worked for me.

same problem - the files rip fine (dvd decrypter) i create IFOs with IFO edit and burn with Nero. finished DVD works in PC but not PS2.

my PS2 recognises the disk as a DVD-R movie, loads for a while, i get the 'Play' logo at the top of the screen, then it stops and says 'Unable to read disk'.

i've also been putting music videos onto DVD (mpg files that i've converted) and these have worked fine using the same process.

any ideas what i'm doing wrong? i think the problem lies with IFO edit but there are no settings i can change for the 'Create IFOs' feature.

2. HomerJ

HomerJ Moderator Staff Member

Can you play the DVD's in Ifoedit ?

HomerJ