1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd-r won't play on dvd player afer using dvd shrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by bigbuelna, May 1, 2005.

1. bigbuelna

bigbuelna Guest

i always used dvd x copy but finally got nero so trying to use dvd shrink. i burn a dvd now -r and it freezes in my dvd player. I have the region code set to one on all three things. Laptop, shrink and dvd player. It will work in my playstation 2 but not my dvd player. My dvd player is a pioneer like 500 dollars last summer. only plays -r not + r. never had a problem with dvd x copy. can anyone help me thank
    awsome web site
    dan

2. drchaos

drchaos Member

I would never pay $500.00 for a dvd player limited to -r format. That being said, it probably has additional limitations that remain undisclosed to you, the consumer. If you pay close attention to a lot of the other discussions on this topic, you'll find recurring thematic discourse insinuating that a number of the large electronics companies and entertainment conglomerates are combining their efforts to prevent consumers from backing up their legally-purchased titles. The discussions further imply the introduction of stealth protection technology in not just the software, but also the hardware and media. Whether this is true or not, I cannot say. However, your purchase of a $500.00 dvd player in this day and age of multi-format players in the sub-$50.00 category suggests that you may have been the victim of a clever marketing scheme by these fancy-suited scoundrels (which could further explain why the disks play on your playstation 2). One suggestion: dump DVD X-Copy (those filthy S.O.B.'s at 321 Studios owe me a $50.00 rebate that I never got) and get yourself a free download of DVD Shrink.

3. Batman400

Batman400 Member

I think he said he was using DVD Shrink, the problem could be the encryption on the DVD he tried to copy that wont play, So try this download AnyDVD 5 and run it in the back ground on the task bar and reburn your DVD and lower the Burn Speed to say 4X and try that, Myself I can burn some movies at 8X and others I cant, but to me it seems the slower the burn speed the better the play back so go to the options in the DVD Shrink last tab I think and change speed from MAX to 4X and give it a try

Batman400