1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-R xbox 1 backups for 360

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Binkys, Jan 20, 2007.

1. Binkys

Binkys Member

I've searched around for a bit, can't find a site that has a guide or information on the type of burning process needed to make a working xbox 1 backup on a dvd-r, for 360.

I've tried a few different methods already and have several coasters of ninja gaiden <which is backwards compatible>

can anyone help or point me to a site that can?

-thanks!

2. Binkys

Binkys Member

-- anyone??

3. laxey

laxey Guest

Like you I am at a loss as well. Come on... please help us out! Cheers.

4. drahz

drahz Member

I'm lost here too. I want to burn killtrocity 1 & 2 for play on my xbox360. but I can't find a 360 image builder like with xiso manager. any thing on this please pm me.

5. drahz

drahz Member

I did it, but I don't know how. I burnt it on a DVD+R noless, and can even play the disk on my xbox1 fine too with a thompson drive. the system must still be modded though.(both)

The only catch is that the xbox360 will not load any of the maps, and the xbox1 does just fine with the same disk.

This leads me to believe that all of the maps are stored on the xbox360 hdd for play, and that would verify a clitch that happends on LAN play for Halo 2 if you have a Xbox360 systemlinked with a Xbox1. The game defaults to the xbox360 player getting the kill everytime if both players simultaniously kill each other. only noticable if your on the Xbox1.

6. steimy

steimy Active member

7. drahz

drahz Member

now will this do somthing to my flashed drive?

8. steimy

steimy Active member

will what do anything to your flashed drive?

9. Binkys

Binkys Member

I'm sorry, i did forget to mention that i'm using the latest update to extreme firmware. 5.2D.. which allows booting of DVD+/-R media. meh-bad. I believe i figured out the problem.. unless someone here can verify that region-free games for xbox1 *one's supported* all work on 360. i'm downloading a regular NTSC/USA version of ninja gaiden black to test it. I found a forum where people were having the same trouble with the exact same torrent- (purely for backup reasons ;) ) so i'm assuming it was just the region free'ness which confused my 360.

but as far as the burning process goes.. exactly the same as if you were burning a 360 image.. minus the .dvd file, which isn't needed because you don't need the layerbreak on regular DVD+/-R media. ImageBurn or CloneCD works best. whichever you're more familiar with.
    Hope this helps... Cheers.

i'll get back to you guys if the game works. if it doesn't, i'll be at a complete loss.

10. drahz

drahz Member

Last edited: Jan 29, 2007
  11. neophile

neophile Member

I've figured out how to burn xbox1 dvd-5 games using my xbox360 toshiba-samsung drive and also a seperate method using a dvd swap method via isobuster, in which you don't have to open the xbox360 to rip the game. The only disadvantage of this dvd swap method is that it takes like 3.5-4 hours to make the image of the game. I will be posting a tutorial soon.

12. drahz

drahz Member

About a month ago I made a backup of my Halo2 disk using the xiso method for xbox1 then burnt it with a layerbreak on a DVD+R DL. It worked and I got so excited I did the same with Killtrocity for halo2. The game Booted but you can't play the levels, I believe the xbox360 copys the levels to the HDD when you first play the game making it impossable to play so called pirate levels with out consent. I just had an epiffany though, I wonder if I delete the levels and profiles will the game play KT levels?

13. steimy

steimy Active member

i have seen plenty of Xbox 1 games on torent sites that were made to work on the 360. So there is obviously a way to do it correctly.
    I never worried abot it because i have both systems. Why spend my time learning to make them work on the 360 when it will have no advantages over just playing them in my Xbox1

14. drahz

drahz Member

they rip the games the 360 way swap disk or what ever. it's just not nessasary for some xbox 1 games. I've done it both ways

15. neophile

neophile Member

I don't own an xbox1 so I had no choice to learn how to burn them for xbox 360.

16. twisty1er

twisty1er Member

did you post it somewhere???

17. neophile

neophile Member

I will be posting it by tomorrow. I've been busy with school matters.

18. neophile

neophile Member

Programs and drives you will need to install prior to instructions:
    * XBOX 360 drive with Toshiba-Samsung xtreme FW 5.0 or greater (at this moment only these hacked drives can read xbox 1 dvd-5 backups)
    * Iso Buster
    * Wx360.exe (comes together with wxripper)
    * SS Patcher 1.5
    * Craxtion 4
    * PC DVD-ROM drive that allows hot swapping either through the eject hole on drive using
    a straightened paper clip or via the removal of the outter casing of the drive itself.
    Note that not all PC drives will work. I'm currently using a Pionneer 108 drive

Making XBOX 1 GAME IMAGE

1. Load in a DVD movie with at least 7.7 gbs of info into PC drive (I use the Davinci Code DVD ~ 7.95 GBs)
    2. Run ISO Buster.
    3. Click on Options-->Communications-->Read Settings (tab)
    4. Under the read settings tab, set "Multiple block transfer retries" to 1 by moving
    the slider all the way to the left
    5. Also, set "single block transfer retries" to 1 and click ok.
    6. In isobuster, select the drive that contains the DVD.
    7. In the left window pane, right click the DVD-R icon and select "extract dvd-r image" and then
    then select User data
    8. In the save as window that pops up, name the file as "Image.iso". DO NOT SELECT SAVE YET!
    9. Leave isobuster with the save as window prompt pending and open up ss patcher 1.5
    10. In SS patcher 1.5, select Drive tools --> mini dvdinfo pro
    11. Under "Choose your DVD drive" select the dvd drive that contains the DVD movie.
    12. Once, selected it should put out specifications about the DVD movie. Select "stop drive spin"
    13. Now take your paper clip and manually eject the disc tray (you can't use the regular eject button to do this!)
    14. Swap in the xbox 1 game and push in the tray.
    15. You should still have mini dvdinfo pro open; Click "start drive spin"
    16. Close mini dvdinfo pro and SS patcher 1.5
    17. Return to Isobuster's save as prompt and click "save".
    18. At around 7-8% of making the image, an error will pop up. Select "replace with dummy data"
    and
    select the "always apply selection" check box. Now click on "selection"
    19. This image creation process should take about 3-4 hours. At the end of the process, you might get
    an error stating something about having many read error and whehter you should delete or save the file.
    Select the option that allows you to save the file. Also, it will ask you to save image.cue file but we don't need it.

Making DVD-5 Image

1. If you followed everything correctly, then you should end up with a file around 8 gigs.
    2. Open up wx360.exe. Select "file" and open up the image you just made.
    3. This will allow you browse the content of the game image. Select all the files in the right window pane
    and right click over any file and select "extract". Dump all the files to a folder that you can easily find.
    *Note: Some games' data exceeds 4.7 gbs. You will have to delete some files. Which files to delete is beyond the scope of this tutorial.
    4. Once the dump is over, you can close wx360.exe and open craxtion 4. Select "create new iso" in the craxtion 4 program
    5. Select the folder that contains the dump of all the files you extraced with wx360.exe.
    6. Save your iso to the desktop.
    7. In Batch Iso Creator window, click on "create".
    8. Burn ISO at speed 4x and enjoy!

19. BigDK

BigDK Regular member

Has anyone tried the Kreon 0.81 firmwared SH-D162C DVD ROM drive.

I've got Schtrom360Xtract to hopefully do the first part of the ripping, without having to do a swap out of disks.

I presume I just run the second part of neophile's guide, after ripping the image straight from the Samsung drive.

I'm currently ripping Xbox 1 game Half-life 2 as a test, so will run the second part of the guide on the resulting image.

My modded Xbox 360 is currently on back order as I'm waiting for a Samsung drive unit to be available.

Do the 360 compatible Xbox 1 games also play in Xbox 1 (modded with xecuter 2.6)?

20. steimy

steimy Active member