1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD+R

Discussion in 'PS2' started by mavilini, Sep 27, 2002.

1. mavilini

mavilini Guest

Will the PS2 play Copied DVD, and PS2 games recorded on DVD+R media? I just wanted to know before I waste some media.

Thanks

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

If your PS2's revision is v5 or newer, it supports "plus" discs as well, otherwise only "minus" discs will work. And obviously you need to have a modchip in your PS2 as well.

3. mavilini

mavilini Guest

How can you tell if it's v5?

4. psxcancer

psxcancer Member

I'm a owner of a version 2 PS2 and my dvd backed up movies play too

5. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

psxcancer: "Plus" discs? Minus discs work on all PS2s.

6. mavilini

mavilini Guest

Is there a site or previous thread that I can go to to get tutorials on backing up DVD rom PS2 games, and also DVD movies? I tried that doom9 and I can't find anything. Also I tried doing a 1:1 copy image and write for my PS2 backup, but my computer crashed. I tried Nero, and RecordNow (a new version of prassi} they both locked my computer up. Am I doing anything wrong or is there a file that I need? the DVD burner I have is the HP DVD 200i. One more thing I have the Neo key, the one with the usb cable, and it's blue. I heard that (neo key) and the new game shark CD for PS2 is ok for DVD game back ups is that true or do I need a different kind of mod chip?