1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-R

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by gary51, May 13, 2003.

1. gary51

gary51 Guest

I just bought my first DVD Burner, Sony 500ULX. Burner a video camera movie to a DVD+R. It will only play on my Sony DVD player. Are DVD-Rs the most compatabile media to write to to ensure it will play on most DVD players?

2. joblow

joblow Guest

DVD-r is the standard for dvd movies and are also more compatibles on dvd players.

3. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

I bet it's your DVD player being fussy.

4. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

I have a Sony DVP-NS305 stand alone & it plays EVERYTHING : )

I burn with a Pioneer DVD-RW 104 and yes it would definitely seem that -R is the most compatible with the majority of stand alone dvd players

5. nightfly

nightfly Member

Again, burning software can affect compatibility with set top boxes. I use RecordNowMax 4.5 and a Pioneer A04 and haven't had any set top box refuse to play the disks. I know someone who got a computer with a '+' burner, and after switching to RNM software he had no problems either. You can find it on Kazaa, if you like it please buy it because it would be a shame for a good product like that to be put out of business by the major players like roxio that produce crap (like ezcd 5's take two software) but sell it cheap to be bundled with the drives.