1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd-r

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by DLOCC, Jan 27, 2004.

1. DLOCC

DLOCC Member

can any of u guys explaim how this works how can u tell if a dvd is 5 or 9 and what method is best to record ive recorded one partticular movie and it started to freak out and skip how can this be stop i used ifo to decryprt and nero to record should i have reauthred the movie and if so do i use decrypter to reauthor or dvd shrink and how can i find a full version of dvd2one , and can u use dvd shrink then nero without using decrypter thanks guys

Last edited: Jan 27, 2004
  2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi dlocc, you can check the disc size by clicking on your dvd drive in MY COMPUTER with the movie disc in it. It will give you the information.
    The programs most used on here is probably DVDshrink as the decrypter and compressor and Nero as the burn back program. They work well together. You can get the guides from the forum page top. You should also have DVD Decrypter. Sometimes Shrink has a problem reading a movie. You can then use Decrypter. But for most copies just DVDshrink and Nero is all you will need.
    Jerry

3. DLOCC

DLOCC Member

thanks jerry but i dont know how to decrypt with shrink you mean just shrink it and record or does shrink actually decrypts

4. aXidburn

aXidburn Guest

you could just get dvd x copy and make it very simple

5. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

DLOCC,

Since you already have Nero on your system and I think you have DVDShrink (if not, download it from the link at the bottom) Here is a can't miss guide to backup your DVD w/o skips.

Before you start, make sure you are using Name Brand media.

Follow this short guide (you could have read anyone's guide)
    During the mentioned 30 seconds to 1 1/2 minutes Shrink will automatically rip your DVD.
    DVDShrink ver. 3.1.4 nbeta0

Before I start, I create a folder with my movie’s name somewhere on my HD where I can find it later (i.e. C:/All DVD Work/Pirates of the Caribbean).

When using DVDShrink, after inserting your DVD, open Shrink, click “Open Disk”. Then, “Select DVD Drive” and click “OK”. After Shrink has opened your disc, anywhere from 30 seconds to 1 ½ minutes you’ll see the size of the disc at the bar at the top of the page. If you have a Green bar with a little Gray at the top of the page, go to the next paragraph:) If you see some “Red”, simply check off those files you don’t want, I.E. Outer Mongolian or Eastern Yak Basin language, or extra audio files – I keep ACS 2ch or ACS 5.1, that will give you stereo, most of the rest you can trash. Only do that if you need to lose some stuff to make it fit. You can also gain more room by clicking “Custom Ratio” and increasing the compression.

Personally, I compress until I see about 1/8 of an inch of Gray at the end of my Green bar - that way I’m not writing to the very edge of my DVD disc. - Remember, more compression, a tiny bit less on the picture quality – when I say “less quality” I’m speaking of theoretically less, nothing you can really see with the naked eye for the most part. Let’s make sure that the box which says “Full Disk” is depressed (No need to cheer it up, it likes being depressed :). When you are ready to go, - -> click “Backup”. When the Backup box opens, under “Target Device” make sure your DVD Burner is listed in the window. Under “Target folder”, make sure the folder you made at the beginning with the movie’s name is there (that way you can always go back and burn another copy in the future). Now click “OK”.
    Last step: STEP AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER ! Do not fold, spindle, mutilate, molest nor fondle the keyboard. GO AWAY ! Ms. Computer will let you know when she is finished, to approach her before then may be a hazard to your health -

Really, let it alone, go call your Mom, she misses you and would love to hear from you - your backup will be ready shortly, honest :)

Enjoy your backup,
    “P”

BTW - Welcome to the Club :)

Shrink download -
    http://www.softpedia.com/public/scripts/downloadhero/3-7-52/