1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd+r

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by mrman, Jun 10, 2004.

1. mrman

mrman Regular member

hey guys this is the first time i have tried to burn a +r disc and it seemed to burn fine but is then unreadable by anything including my dvd drive in my comp. I use dvd shrink to backup all my movies and have never had any problems untill now. I have a lg 4040B which burns +/-.... so am i suposed to change any settings in shrink when i burn or what? i burn right from shrink automaticly since i have nero. Also i have the highcompatibility option selected in shrink for +r.
    any suggestions would be great:)

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

It may be a combination of your player doesn't like +R media and your burner doesn't do too well burning them. Players and burners can both be picky about which format (and even brand) they perform best with.

If you don't have the latest firmware for your burner updating it may help :)

Firmware:

http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_all.php

Player compatibility:

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Forgot to add that there aren't any software settings pertaining to the different formats.

4. mrman

mrman Regular member

ok thanks a lot well im going to try again with a different brand media... that had the problem was a ritek arita but im gonna try a verbatim ill ubdate once iv tryed...
    also i do have the latest firmware update

5. mrman

mrman Regular member

it worked when i burned it onto the verbatim and playes in all my players so i dont know what went wrong last time.