1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD+R

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by whup, Dec 10, 2004.

1. whup

whup Member

Hi guys,

I have a problem with my kypermedia drive which is come with nero express 6 software. I have made many DVD+R(movie back up) with this. All those dvd+R can't play in my home DVD player. but this can play in my friend's cheap player. I tried to play another copy of DVD+r from friend of mine, it's play. I also tried to use another software like shrink and platinum X-press. it does same problem. please anyone tell me what i should do? How i can make dvd which can play in my player.

Thank's

2. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

If your player is really old, it might not be able to read DVD+Rs. If your Kypermedia burner can burn DVD-Rs, you might want to try it.

3. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

What media are you using ?

4. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hello whup, I have the khypermedia kdvrw8x. You don't see too many people around here using this brand. This one came with my computer when i bought it.A higher quality media took care of most of these issues in my family and friends players. I just hope you are not using khypermedia as your media,it's one of the worst.Later

5. whup

whup Member

Hi saugmon,

I bought this kypermedia DVD+RW drive sepretely. I got Nero express 6 software, which is came with drive. I tried three diffrent kind of disc. All has a same problem with my home DVD player. My home player is "TEAC corporation". it just two year old. I am sure, It does play DVD+R in this player which i tried from friend of my made one movie with DVD+R and it play good with this.I am wondering, is this has to do with Nero software? because nero does not have copy movie facility.

6. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hello whup, What media are you using, Download this handy tool: http://www.dvdinfopro.com Write down these codes and check this site out: http://digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia/htm & tell us what codes you are trying to burn with. If you think it is your burning,the try dvd2copy. That khypermedia I have, 1 certain stand alone would not play absolutely nothing burned. I could take that khypermedia backup,reburn it on my stand alone burner for the tv and then that would play on that dreaded stand alone. I just had a weak burner. Now I got a benq 1610"$40.00 after rebate", that standalone will play both + and - off the benq. I couldn't find no firmware updates for it.Later

7. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Hi Whup,
    Is your dvdrw capable of bitsetting +r media to dvd-rom? Your friend might be doing this making his backups much more compatable. I booktype all my backups dvd-rom.

8. whup

whup Member

Hi,
    I don't have a answer for this. I am not too good for computer software thing. If you give me a hint where to check for this bit setup. I will follow this and check it.

whup

9. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member