1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD -R

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Mik3h, Jan 3, 2005.

1. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

Hey There,

After Buying Datasafe and Ritek (Both DVD -R) 25 in each for £9.50 in total, I noticed that My PS2 Wasn't reading them.
    After resetting My PS2 about 50 times, it finally read one of my disks. This is bad as Im waiting on my slide tool coming and I don't want to have to go out and buy more blank DVD's.
    It's DVD Movies I was burning and they aren't working. They just freeze and then I go on browser, it just says Reading Disc... continually.. :(
    The Guy in the shop told me the PS2 Prefers DVD-R,and the Ritek are darker disks.
    Now, I used to buy DVD+R and they worked pefectly fine. So he told me to burn them at a slower speed. Which I have just done. 2X.
    Still No Luck. I haven't tried burning the Ritek at 2x but I reckon the same will happen, I will try it just now, but I wont get my hopes up.. Any Help is greatly appreciated..

Last edited: Jan 3, 2005
  2. illum

illum Member

Ive found that Datawrite Classic 4x DVD-R work absolutely perfectly with my v10 PS2, after a lot of messing around with discs these work fine at 2x. Got some ritek coming this week aswell, but id recommend these if you can get hold of any, they'll be listed as Fuji dye, very very high quality disc.

All games run perfectly with no lag, had a few problems with "noisy" discs (Phoenix Blue 4x DVD-R, seem to be very noisy in the drive) but these are silent, hope this helps.

3. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

Lol, funny this. After posting this threat, about 4 hours later they started working. Although I am having NO luck whatsoever on the ritek dye..