1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd+r ????

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by seanjohn1, Jan 7, 2005.

1. seanjohn1

seanjohn1 Guest

Hey guys maybe u can help me with this
    I just recently got a new pack of dvd+r and tried backing up a movie using nero recode as i always do with any other dvd-r.
    Hoever this time i received a error message saying it cannot burn the movies at once because the dvd was a dvd+r . My burner is compatible with + and -, could it be that nero recode does not work with dvd+r
    thanks for the help

2. dlc2000

dlc2000 Regular member

maybe your burner is having trouble seeing the discs . have you tried a firmware upgrade for your burner . these upgrades help with different types and brands of media . hope this helps

3. seanjohn1

seanjohn1 Guest

i havent tried a firmware, and that because i dotn even know what kind of burner i have , it came with my new Sony Vaio computer, how can i find out what kind of burner i have ?
    last question nero recode does support dvd+r right ??

4. dlc2000

dlc2000 Regular member

i use nero 6 with recode2 and +r dvd's all the time . so yes you can use +r media with nero recode . this most likely is a burner issue . to find out what brand burner you have if you are running xp you go to my computer right click on the drive , select properties , select hardware , you should see it there in the list of hardware .

5. seanjohn1

seanjohn1 Guest

ok thanks alot will go ahead and check what type of burner i have and then see if there is any firmware updates, but u know what i forgot to ask u, when i received that error it said it cannot burn at once , does that maybe mean that it has to encode it and compress it before it can burn it on to a dvd+r , because when i use dvd-r it always goes straight to it when i select burn at once
    hey thanks alot for all ur help
    maybe i should just stick with dvd-r next time ha??

6. dlc2000

dlc2000 Regular member

i think you need to figure out if your burner does +r media . if it does than a firmware upgrade may be in order in this case . media is media . meaning the steps you take to burn to that media are the same regardless if its -r or +r media .

7. seanjohn1

seanjohn1 Guest

sounds good thanks for all your help
    ill let u know if the firmware worked on my dvd burner