1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD +R

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by copyguy, Jan 21, 2005.

1. copyguy

copyguy Member

hello!

My dvds will not play dvdrs...but it says it will play them if it's in VR Mode...but i have no idea what that is, and how to make it go into VR mode! can anyone help?? Thanks!

2. Kingd

Kingd Guest

Okay which player do you have? From a quick google search, it appears VR mode is used by standalone dvd recorders when they record. That's not used by dvd writers on computers so it appears you would need to buy a standalone dvd recorder and burn in vr mode in order for that disk to play on your other player.

3. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

Before you buy anything, try using Nero. With DVD+Rs, tell Nero you want to burn 'DVD-Video'. It will set the booktype to 'DVD-ROM', which is the same as your commercial DVDs, so it might trick your player into reading them. You can only do bitsetting with +Rs, not -Rs.

4. copyguy

copyguy Member

i have a sony dvd player. if you go to their webisite, it's the first silver colored one there..on sale for 129 dollars or something. anyways, it's not a dvd burner...it's just the player.

5. Kingd

Kingd Guest

copyguy: Okay. I just tried to explain that vr mode is used by standalone dvd recorders. Your dvd player cannot go into VR mode. If it doesn't play dvd+-r then get yourself a player that does.

6. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Just curious, why is this in the "Dvd Shrink forum"?