1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd+r

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Bridget, Mar 18, 2005.

1. Bridget

Bridget Guest

I read on one of the threads that after you make a backup movie you should delete it from the ISO file.

Please tell me how to do this.
    Thank you.

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

What program(s) are you using to back up your movies?

3. Bridget

Bridget Guest

Hi: bbmayo

I am using dvdxcopy platinum.

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Shoot what ya using that old proggy for?

I can't remember were it stores the file. I haven't used Xcopy in ages..

Here is a good way to look though
    Click on Start then select search
    Then Select all files and folders
    and type this in <.ISO> without the < >
    Then Click on Search....
    Once done with the search you will see all your .ISO files you can delete them from here

Also if you have Norton Antivirus protecting your recycle bin you may need to empty that out after the delete :)

5. Bridget

Bridget Guest

bbmayo
    I tried that, but it didn't bring up anything.
    Any other suggestions?
    What program do you use to copy movies?

6. Bridget

Bridget Guest

I just downloaded your site.
    Thank you.

7. sadsac

sadsac Guest

Don't you mean "delete the ISO file"? Not "delete it from the ISO file".

And you visited his website. You didn't download his site.

I'm not trying to be mean. Just start with the basics, then ask the questions.

You may not even be creating an ISO file on your hard drive. You are looking on your hard drive and not the DVD you burned, right? If you're searching your newly burned DVD for an ISO file, you're trying to perform a task of futility. There is none.

8. Bridget

Bridget Guest

All I was told is that when I burn a movie it should be deleted from my hard drive. Is this true?
    Thank you.

9. sadsac

sadsac Guest

Well, if you don't need it on there any more, you should probably delete it. It's not like it's going to explode your hard drive or anything. The files get pretty large, so they will probably fill up your hard drive fast. I would recommend deleting them.

I don't know jack about xcopy, other than it's an old program that was expensive, went out of business because of a lawsuit, and is no longer highly thought of.

X copy may not even create ISO files on your hard drive. It may create VOB files and such. Maybe you should look in the settings somewhere and see where those big files are being stored. Start by using "My documents" and leafing through your c: drive. Check the x copy folders.

There's bound to be a settings tab on x copy that tells you where and how those files are being stored.

10. sadsac

sadsac Guest

You may even do a search for part of the movie title. All DVDs have some sort of disk volume name. If x copy's making temp files, it's probably storing them under a directory named after the disk volume name.

You may also do a search for "video_ts". Tell us what you come up with.

If x copy is making ISO files, then there may be a checkbox somewhere on the program like "delete iso after burn" or something like that.

If you still can't find anything, take a look at how big your hard drive is and how many movies you're backing up. If you've backed up half your collection and you still have 80GB of your 100GB hard drive left, then x copy is probably automatically deleting the temp files. Remember that each DVD5 is taking up better than 4GB of space. It doesn't take too many of those temp files to fill up a relatively large hard drive.