1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-R

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by adouin, Jan 13, 2007.

1. adouin

adouin Member

What brand name of DVD-R should i use to make copies of my ps2 games with dvd decrypter? Can you send me a link from like radio shack or something or a place that shows that you recommend i use. Ive heard that some are good and some arent. thanks alot

2. orthogonl

orthogonl Regular member

Hello adouin,

In general it's usually better to use DVD-Rs when burning PS2 games because they have better compatibility across all PS2 versions. With better media you'll put less strain on the laser and will have higher success rates when burning. Also, it is important that your drives firmware is up-to-date. New versions add support for newer media and improve compatibility / burn quality with existing ones. Additionally, there's the new features and bug fixes you'd expect with any bit of software (which is basically what firmware is).

Taiyo Yuden DVD-Rs are considered to be some of the best among enthusiasts due to their high quality burns, low failure rates, and media longevity. They are also used by drive manufacturers and Sony PlayStation developers. Verbatim, Phillips, and Sony AccuCores (made in Japan) are also very good. You can purchase media from an online retailer such as http://www.supermediastore.com.

NOTE: These are general guidelines that seem to work best for most people, if you encounter better results with DVD+Rs/other media/Write speeds then by all means use what works best for you.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2007