1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd-r

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Razor81, Feb 10, 2007.

1. Razor81

Razor81 Guest

is there away to record movies with shrink to a dvd-r im having trouble playin them on my dvd player with a dvd-r

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Could be a blank media problem or you are burning them to fast.
    What brand of blank DVDs are you using and what speed are you burning them at?

Here is a list of media rated good to bad. See where yours is.
    http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm

3. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

Razor81, your best bet is to use Taiyo Yuden and or Verbatim and burn NO faster than 8x speed go 4x or 6x speed if your having playback issues

4. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Shrink uses a supported burner program or you record the output to the hard drive and burn your output from there. Any way you go the media you use is handled by the burning software and burner drive. That has nothing to do with Shrink other than shrink starting a burn with supported software. Using quality media, whether +R or -R is important. I've not seen any software that uses only one type of media. I've seen a few older players that could be picky. For compaitibility I always suggest using +R and booktyping to DVD ROM. That's dependent on whether your burner booktypes (bitsets) or not. As mentioned it's an idea to use a reasonable burn speed, so use a program with a burn speed control. Imgburn is a good freeware and I use Nero which is a good retail suite.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2007