1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD+R9 better play on LCD or TUBE tv.

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jbmill88, Mar 2, 2007.

1. jbmill88

jbmill88 Guest

Hey people,
    I,m noticing a better picture from my freshly burned DVD+R9 on my sony 42" trinitron tube television, rather than my sony 55" lcd.
    The LCD is using a play station 3 and the trinitron tube is using a sony mid-grade dvd player. There seems to be many variables here is it the PS3 or the LCD or do DVD+R9 just look better on tube TV's.
    My video's are in a MPEG-2 format, high quality, 2-pass ETC.......
    I wonder if any one else has noticed this??? any help would be nice..

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Well this is a little hard to believe actually they should look better on the LCD. Try testing with the same player on each this way you would know for sure.

3. jbmill88

jbmill88 Guest

tried swaping dvd players on the sony LCD, it seems maybe the LCD shows to much detail of the video, this is a torrent download so there is some distortions visible on the video, maybe the tube hides these imperfections better?????

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

That it more than likely the issue here is that the movie is just not a very good copy and the LCD TV is allowing you to see these imperfections. So it isn't that your LCD has a worse picture it is quite the opposite because it is such a better picture you can actually see the problems with your completed file.

5. jbmill88

jbmill88 Guest

I agree totally!!! I hope i have done everything possible to maximize the quality of the video. I'm using nero 7 and have everything set on high quality with 2-pass on the transcodeing, i'm burning onto a TDK DVD+R9 Iis there something diffrent i need to do or check??????????

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Well with out seeing the original video file I am not sure there is a lot you could do because the original file probably just isn't that good in the first place. Seeing how your file is a download I would guess the quality isn't going to be the best as most people will compress and re-encode the video a lot so it will download quicker. This just means there won't be a whole lot you can do to make the picture any better. Sorry :-(

Cheers