1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-RAM Ripping

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by alcoholik, Aug 30, 2004.

1. alcoholik

alcoholik Member

Hi,

I have a Panasonic EMR-50 Recorder on which I have recorded loads of different (music) videos using DVD-RAM (which gives me added flexibility when editing etc). I now want to "rip" them to my Hard drive on my pc so I can then eventually convert/store them as avi's etc. only I cannot get any software (Smart Ripper, DVD Shrink etc) to acknowledge the disc as one which I can rip. I can play the disk using WinDVD. A friend told me I can just rename the file as an avi and copy up to my HDD, but all the track pointers disappear when I do that (i.e. I cannot forward/rewind/skip/scan/search etc).

Anybody help?

My drive is the LG GSA-4120BA Dual Layer 8.5GB 12x DVD +/-R/RW/DVD-RAM

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

What format are the files in? If standard ripping apps aren't seeing them chances are they're in the wrong format and will need to be converted.

3. alcoholik

alcoholik Member

The only thing on the disk is a folder called DVD_RTAV, and in there are 3 files:
    VR_MANGR.BUP (50KB)
    VR_MANGR.IFO (50KB)
    and
    VR_MOVIE.VRO (3GB)

Thanks